The finalists are listed below, with links to where you can find them to be read. In addition, I’ve linked to my reviews for these works, and I’ve starred the ones I hope to win.
Enjoy your reading!
- Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly (Tor). Review
- Autonomous by Annalee Newitz (Tor). Review
- Jade City by Fonda Lee (Orbit). Review
- Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty (Orbit). Review
- * Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory (Knopf). Review
- The Stone Sky by N. K. Jemisin (Orbit). Review
- * The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss (Saga). Review
Best Novella – Reviews
- * All Systems Red by Martha Wells (Tor.com Publishing).
- And Then There Were (N-One) by Sarah Pinsker (Uncanny March/April 2017).
- Barry’s Deal by Lawrence M. Schoen (Noble Fusion Press).
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang (Tor.com Publishing).
- Passing Strange by Ellen Klages (Tor.com Publishing).
- River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey (Tor.com Publishing).
Best Novelette – Reviews
- Dirty Old Town by Richard Bowes (Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction May/June 2017).
- A Human Stain by Kelly Robson (Tor.com, January 4, 2017).
- A Series of Steaks by Vina Jie-Min Prasad (Clarkesworld January 2017).
- Small Changes Over Long Periods of Time by K.M. Szpara (Uncanny May/June 2017).
- Weaponized Math by Jonathan P. Brazee (The Expanding Universe, Vol. 3).
- * Wind Will Rove by Sarah Pinsker (Asimov’s September/October 2017).
Best Short Story – Reviews
- Carnival Nine by Caroline M. Yoachim (Beneath Ceaseless Skies, May 11, 2017).
- Clearly Lettered in a Mostly Steady Hand by Fran Wilde (Uncanny September/October 2017).
- * Fandom for Robots by Vina Jie-Min Prasad (Uncanny September/October 2017).
- The Last Novelist (or A Dead Lizard in the Yard) by Matthew Kressel (Tor.com, March 15, 2017).
- Utopia, LOL?, Jamie Wahls (Strange Horizons, June 5, 2017).
- Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience TM by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex August 2017).